The Met Gala: Fashion Below
Monday May 6, 2013 see some of Hollywood’s, fashion, and music’s largest names will be on tonight’s showing of the Met Gala 2013. Style Me will cover the fashion so be sure to check back in with us for the fashion updates! The event will be streamed online at Vogue.com the red carpet will be hosted by model Hilary Rhoda and Vogue’s William Norwich!
The theme this year: PUNK: Chaos to Couture.
Moda Operandi were apart of the Met Gala and the theme originator!
Shop with Chaos:
Who’s taking who?:
- Valentino is taking Gwyneth Paltrow
- Dior is taking Jennifer Lawrence and Marion Cotillard
- Joseph Altuzarra is taking Allison Williams
- Michael Kors is taking Jennifer Lopez
- Diane Von Furstenberg is taking Emma Roberts
- Alexander Wang is taking Julianne Moore for Balenciaga
Tommy Hilfiger is hosting at his table Debbie Harry, Nicki Minaj, Zooey Deschanel, Lily Aldridge, screenwriter Jamie Linden, manager Jason Weinberg, musician Marky Ramone with wife Marion, actress Thalia Mottola, music executive Tommy Mottola, and Kings of Leon lead vocalist Caleb Followill
- Rodarte’s Kate and Laura Mulleavy are taking Elle and Dakota Fanning
- Brian Atwood is taking Elizabeth Banks
- Christopher Kane is taking Stella Tennant
- Nina Ricci’s Peter Copping is taking Carolyn Murphy
- Tory Burch is taking Jessica Alba and Ginnifer Goodwin
- Topshop is taking Jaime King and Julianne Hough
- Kenzo and Opening Ceremony’s Humberto Leon and Carol Lim are taking Solange Knowles
- Anthony Vaccarello is taking Gisele Bundchen
- Riccardo Tisci is taking fellow co-chair Rooney Mara
- Burberry is taking Sienna Miller
- Peter Pilotto is taking Brooklyn Decker
- Samsung is taking Psy
- Saint Laurent is taking Greta Gerwig
Photo’s from the red carpet:
Sarah Jessica Parker/ Head Dress- Philip Treacy/ Dress- Giles Deacon; Personalized and hand cut by the designer himself /And custom made Christian Louboutin thigh high Plaid boots. These will set the trend for next season; Sarah Jessica Parker 70’s vintage inspired Plaid boots!
Constance Jablonski/ Photographed by Justin Bishop
Taylor Swift/Photo: Kevin Mazur/Getty Images
Anja Rubik /Photographed by Justin BishopSolange: Kenzo
Knowles /Photo: Stephen Lovekin/Getty ImagesIvanka Trump/Photographed by Justin BishopKim Kardashian and Kanye West/Photographed by Kevin Tachman Julie Macklowe/Photographed by Justin Bishop Gwyneth Paltrow: Valentino
Virginie Courtin-Clarins and Claire Courtin-Clarins/Photographed by Kevin TachmanJenna Lyons/Photographed by Justin BishopKarolina Kurkova/Photographed by Justin BishopMiley SirusAnna Wintour in Chanel
Nicki Minaj/Photo: Timothy A. Clary/Getty ImagesElle Fanning/Photo: Larry Busacca/Getty ImagesPhotographed by Kevin TachmanEmmy Rossum/Photographed by Kevin Tachman
Lauren Santo Domingo
Katie HolmesTom Ford and Joan Smalls Bee Shaffer
Photographed by Justin Bishop And last but certainly not least Beyoncé! Giving you Prince with her pattern on pattern ensemble complete with gloves, matching boots and huge a scepter that emerges from the train of the gown. She is accompanied by her stylist Ty Hunter.